While the daily virus briefings /shows have kept him in the media…
His gaffs have hurt his approval numbers and sometimes been dangerous ….
He has battled in public with the scientific experts and come up short…
He has freelanced and got grief from the media so bad that even Fox has questioned his advice…
Joe Biden’s numbers are actually rising at Trump’s expense…
Who knows if this will be the case?
We ARE talking about ‘The Donald ‘….
President Trump plans to pare back his coronavirus press conferences, according to four sources familiar with the internal deliberations.
- He may stop appearing daily and make shorter appearances when he does, the sources said — a practice that may have started with Friday’s unusually short briefing.
Why this matters: Trump’s daily press conferences — televised to a largely homebound population — have dominated the public discourse about the coronavirus.
Behind the scenes: A number of Trump’s most trusted advisers — both inside and outside the White House — have urged him to stop doing marathon televised briefings.
- They’ve told him he’s overexposed and these appearances are part of the reason polls aren’t looking good for him right now against Joe Biden.
- “I told him it’s not helping him,” said one adviser to the president. “Seniors are scared. And the spectacle of him fighting with the press isn’t what people want to see.”
But Trump has defended the practice, telling critics that the briefings get good ratings.
- One source cautioned that decisions like this one are never final until they’re final.
- A senior administration official involved in the discussions said: “He should keep everyone guessing as to whether he appears day by day. And leave the technical briefings to others. Be there to announce victories.”….
CNN and MSNBC have begun to cut away from the daily show from time to time….