Reality bites the media sell that Trump and Republicans new tax law/giveaway will give them reson to increase hiring….
The Hill went out a tested the idea in a few states….
We conducted a public opinion poll of small business owners in the battleground states of Arizona, Nevada, Maine and Tennessee with the express purpose of learning what the tax cuts will mean for their business growth. What we found is most small business owners don’t think the possible benefits of new law will enable them to invest in their businesses and believe it further tilts the playing field in favor of big corporations:
- Seven in 10 small business owners said they would not hire a new employee as a result of the new tax law.
- Six in 10 small business owners said they would not be giving their employees raises.
- 54 percent of small business owners say the tax law favors large corporations over small businesses.
- 55 percent of respondents do not believe the law puts small businesses on a level playing field with big businesses.
- Importantly, given the partisan nature of the law, 41 percent identify as Republican, 31 percent as Democrat and 28 percent as independent or something else.
Clearly the new law—which has come under fire for heavily favoring large corporations—is not going to do much to help small business owners grow their businesses….