So much for the rally yesterday….
The American economy IS taking a dive from a virus and false hopes from an American President….
Throwing money as some companies isn’t enough right now…
People are losing their jobs and pay checks …
- The Dow closed down 13.74% in March, notching its worst month since October 2008.
- The Dow closed down -23.2% for the quarter, its worst since the fourth quarter of 1987. It was the Dow’s worst first quarter ever.
- The Dow is 25.88% below its intraday all-time high of 29,568.57 from Feb 12.
- The S&P closed down 1.6% for its second negative day in three, closing up or down more than 1% every day in March with the exception of March 19.
- The S&P closed down 12.51% over the month of March, its worst month since October 2008.
- The index closed down 20% for the first quarter, its worst quarter since the fourth quarter of 2008, when the S&P 500 lost 22.56%. It was the S&P 500′s worst first quarter ever.
- Sectors: 10 out of 11 sectors were negative today led by Utilities down 4.02%.
- Nine out of 11 sectors closed down at least 20% below their 52-week high closes with the exception of Health Care and Staples.
- The U.S. 10-year note yielding 0.6679% vs. Friday’s close of 0.744%