Not by as much as Hillary Clinton the last time around…
He’s still beating them at home…
Oh, and he’s ahead back in HIS home state of Delaware ….
Many of his fellow Democrats are also trailing in the Democratic primary polling in their home states:
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who dropped out of the race on Friday, came in at 0% among both New York state and New York City Democrats, according to a Siena College poll out this week
- California Sen. Kamala Harris has averaged only about 10% in California polls released this month, putting her in fourth.
- Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet is near the back of the pack, with below 5% in an average of Colorado polls this year.
- Former Texas congressman Beto O’Rourke was tied for third at 12% in a recent Quinnipiac University poll in Texas. Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro was at 3% in the same poll.
- Warren hasn’t led in a single poll taken in Massachusetts, though she may be closing the gap.
- South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar were behind in the single non-high quality poll in their home states.
The fact that so many Democratic candidates aren’t winning in their home states is not a good sign. These are the voters who know you best and should be the most behind you.
Indeed, almost eventual major party nominee since 1980 was leading in their home state in the poll taken closest to this point….