In fact in several area’s ?
The infection rates have begun a slow rise.…
Test rates keep falling….
The numbers below reflect this….
In the past week in the U.S….
Among reported tests, the positivity rate was 4.1%.
The number of tests reported fell 20.9% from the previous week.Read more
Since Dec. 14, more than 110,737,000 doses of a covid-19 vaccine have been administered in the U.S.
More than 39,042,000 people have completed vaccination, or about 11.76% of the population. Read more in our vaccination tracker.
The State of the Virus
Update for March 15
- Case numbers across the country are dropping steadily as the pace of vaccination continues to increase.
- More than 20 percent of people have received at least one dose of a vaccine. States continue to expand their lists of people eligible to get a shot.
- Much of the country continues to do quite well. Kansas is averaging about 260 cases a day, down from more than 2,000 a day in January. Oregon is adding around 320 cases each day, compared to more than 1,500 at its December peak.
- No large city is faring worse right now than New York City, where around 3,500 cases are being reported each day. The Miami area is also struggling.
- New Jersey and New York continue to lead the country in recent cases per capita, with other Northeastern states also near the top of the list.
- Some states that saw large declines earlier in the winter have been backsliding. Reports of new cases have increased 50 percent over the last two weeks in Michigan, though they remain well below the levels seen in December and January….
NY Times… Link…