The numbers plateaued a few days ago….
But have resumed dropping …
They are at the level they where during the middle of past summer….
Testing continues to drop also….
It appears that 30% of American’s have gotten at least one vaccine shot…
Almost 10% both vaccines….
In the past week in the U.S….
Among reported tests, the positivity rate was 4.6%.
The number of tests reported fell 7.4% from the previous week.
Since Dec. 14, more than 90,351,000 doses of a covid-19 vaccine have been administered in the U.S.
More than 30,686,000 people have completed vaccination, or about 9.24% of the population. Read more in our vaccination tracker…
Wash Post …Link.…
The State of the Virus
Update for March 5
- Cases are as low as they have been in months. But after weeks of steep declines, progress has slowed nationally and some cities are backsliding.
- The New York City and Miami areas have seen persistently high case numbers at a time when much of the country is reporting major improvement.
- Though fatalities have started falling, in part because of the vaccination campaign at nursing homes, it remains routine for 2,000 deaths to be reported in a single day across the country.
- For the first time, the country is administering more than 2 million vaccine doses on average each day. As the newly approved Johnson & Johnson vaccine is distributed, that number could climb higher.
- Arizona, which was averaging more than 10,000 cases a day at one point in January, is now adding around 1,100 cases most days.
Stupidity is NOT on short supply around the country …