In the past week in the U.S….
Among reported tests, the positivity rate was 9.1%.
The number of tests reported fell 7.6% from the previous week.Read more
Since Dec. 14, more than 24,194,000 doses of a covid-19 vaccine have been administered in the U.S.
More than 3,481,000people have completed vaccination, or about 1.07% of the population. Read more in our vaccination tracker.
25,378,000 Cases reported
(Jan. 26, 2021)
New York Times…..
Update for Jan. 25
- Reports of new cases have declined more than 30 percent in the last two weeks. But limited vaccine availability and the spread of new variants makes it unclear whether that progress will last.
- Deaths remain near peak levels, with about 3,000 announced each day.
- Forty-five states are seeing sustained reductions in new cases. California, which averaged more than 44,000 cases a day at its peak, is now adding about 25,000 cases most days. Restrictions in much of that state were loosened on Monday.
- South Carolina continues to struggle, with case numbers down only slightly from a peak. As of Monday, the Spartanburg, Florence and Greenville metro areas were among the top 10 nationally in recent cases per capita.
- The pace of vaccination continues to increase, with more than 1 million shots administered on an average day. By some metrics, West Virginia is doing the best job of getting shots in arms….
NY Times ….Link