Most People ain’t stupid….
The overwhelming majority of Americans continue to think President Donald Trump stands little chance of overturning his electoral defeat, even after Trump and his legal team spent weeks trying to do so, according to a POLITICO/Morning Consult poll released on Tuesday.
Nearly three-fifths of respondents — 58 percent — said a reversal was “very unlikely” and another 12 percent said it was “somewhat unlikely” that Trump’s endeavor would prevail, for a total of 70 percent.
Only 11 percent of those surveyed said it was “very likely” that the 2020 presidential election results would be overturned, and an even smaller cohort — 8 percent — thought it was “somewhat likely.” Ten percent of those surveyed did not express an opinion on the issue.
Those figures have shrunk somewhat in recent weeks as the president’s legal challenges have been dealt a string of defeats in court and state legislatures — including a number of scathing rebukes in the form of court decisions — and as the transition effort to carry out a transfer of power has commenced. About 24 percent of respondents said overturning the presidential election was either “very” or “somewhat” likely in a Nov. 17 survey that asked the same question.
Republicans and Republican-leaning independents gave Trump a slightly better chance at succeeding, with 19 percent saying the results were “very likely” to be overturned and 12 percent saying the idea was “somewhat likely….
A large majority of Republicans and independents have faith President Donald Trump will follow through on his musings about running for president again in 2024, according to a POLITICO/Morning Consult poll released Wednesday.
Among Republicans, 76 percent believed a 2024 run to be likely, along with 60 percent of independents. Democrats were less certain, with only 47 percent believing a run to be likely. Trump has flirted with running again in four years as his unfounded claims of a stolen victory this year increasingly fall apart in court. Still, a majority of Republicans in Congress refuse to recognize President-elect Joe Biden as the electoral victor and Trump continues to enjoy wide support within his party….