In the end?
It would seem that Trump and his handlers will go old school…
Republicans ALWAYS call the Democratic candidate for President a ‘Liberal’….
All this Donald Trump is different stuff has NOT worked….
He’s dug himself deeper and DEEPER into a hole….
Running against ole Joe Biden has been an education for Trump….
He is NOT Hillary Clinton…..
Calling Biden names has NOT worked…
Threatening to try and stop the election hasn’t worked….
Even his effort to stop mail-in voting isn’t working….
With the election fast coming up?
It seems that Trump and his handlers will give it one last try to label Joe Biden as a ‘Liberal’
He isn’t in the view of the ‘liberal/progressive’ Democrats , who wanted Bernie Sanders , or Elizabeth Warren to be the nominee …
He hasn’t gone far enough in embracing their policies, something Biden has been carful to listen to , but not commit to….
Now Joe Biden IS to the left of his old Boss Barack Obama….
But THAT is unavoidable with Biden having to get ready to undo Donald Trump’s hard turn to the right…
As Trump has done from his first day in office?
Any attempt to go after Biden is bound to fail because of Trump HIMSELF sabotaging any effort to stay on script with anything…
One thing though?
Trump campaign efforts are already knocking Biden VP prospects off the list due their past points of view…
Biden needs to go ahead and pick the ‘safe’ choice for own sake…
He does not need to let Trump & Co. knock him off his good looking stride so far…
The election will be about Donald J. Trump….
Not Joe Biden’s woman Vice President….
After pausing their multimillion-dollar advertising campaign to review their strategy, the Trump campaign plans to launch new ads on Monday depicting Joe Biden as a puppet “controlled by the radical left,” according to two senior campaign officials.
Why it matters: The Trump campaign’s most recent internal polls show the “puppet of the left” attack on Biden is beginning to resonate with voters, per two sources briefed on the polling. And it sets the campaign up to attack Biden’s vice presidential selection.
- “The ‘radical left’ is a placeholder for Biden’s VP pick,” said one adviser.
- The new ads will get into specific policy areas, likely including taxes (see Friday’s WSJ editorial: “Read Joe Biden’s Lips: New Taxes“).
Behind the scenes: Trump campaign officials are frustrated that Biden’s “very unfavorables” aren’t as high as they’d like them. Voters don’t intensely despise him the way many despised Hillary Clinton. And several Trump advisers have told me they doubt they can find a line of attack that will make Biden as hated as Clinton was in 2016.
- Instead, Team Trump is trying to persuade voters that if they vote for Biden, they’re not actually electing this amiable, moderate old man. The only way they believe they can sufficiently toxify Biden is to convince voters that he’s an empty vessel to be filled by the policies of the “radical left.”
- That’s why the Trump campaign has made so much of Biden’s policy partnerships with Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Between the lines: This strategy makes Biden’s VP pick especially important for Team Trump, advisers say. If Biden’s running mate is hard to depict as a wild-eyed radical, this empty vessel strategy won’t pack the same punch.
- But if Biden picks somebody who has higher “very unfavorables” than he does, watch for the Trump campaign to try to persuade the public that this VP bogey-woman is actually the person they are electing president.
Jason Miller, a senior Trump campaign adviser, put it this way: “Biden’s VP pick is effectively his political living will, for a candidate who has already said he’s merely a transition to the next Democrat and has refused to commit to serving a second term.”
- The Trump campaign spent much of Saturday attacking Biden for considering Bass to be his VP.
- They’re attacking Bass because they see an opportunity to tag Biden with views and associations — her public comments sympathetic to Fidel Castro — that are toxic to a substantial number of voters in Florida, a senior Trump campaign source told me.
- The Trump campaign held a press call Saturday with Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Florida Lt. Gov. Jeanette Nuñez to amplify this line of attack…..