He IS the person Donald Trump seems the most afraid of…
He does generally poll the best against Donald Trump in a general election…
He IS losing ground in Democratic national polls to others who do NOT match up as good against Trump as he does….
Are Democrats sabotaging their own chance to beat Donald Trump in this falls election?
When you add it all up, the biggest likely beneficiary to having Bloomberg on the debate stage is Bernie Sanders — who also is now leading that national NPR/PBS/Marist poll by double digits.
Here are the numbers:
- Sanders: 31 percent (+9 since December)
- Bloomberg: 19 percent (+15)
- Biden: 15 percent (-9)
- Warren: 12 percent (-5)
- Klobuchar: 9 percent (+5)
- Buttigieg: 8 percent (-5)
No other candidate gets more than 2 percent in the poll.
The poll also includes hypothetical general-election matchups versus Trump:
- Biden 50 percent, Trump 44 percent
- Bloomberg 48 percent, Trump 44 percent
- Sanders 48 percent, Trump 45 percent
- Buttigieg 47 percent, Trump 45 percent
- Klobuchar 47 percent, Trump 45 percent
So the Dem candidate who leads Trump by the largest margin – Biden – is also the candidate who’s lost the most ground in the Democratic race after losing in Iowa and New Hampshire.