That’s the story about 17 months out from Election Day….
Joe Biden continues to be the ‘electability’ candidate for Democrats and the one Republicans should be worried about….
Former Vice President Joseph Biden leads President Donald Trump 50 – 42 percent in the critical swing state of Ohio, the only leading Democratic candidate to top the Republican incumbent, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.
The other leading Democratic contenders each are locked in a dead heat with President Trump, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll finds:
- 46 percent for Trump to Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders with 45 percent;
- Trump at 46 percent to Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 45 percent;
- 44 – 44 percent between Trump and California Sen. Kamala Harris;
- 44 – 44 percent between Trump and South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg;
- 44 percent for Trump to 43 percent for New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker.
Women, black voters and independent voters give Biden his lead in the matchup with Trump. Biden leads 53 – 40 percent among women, as men are split with 46 percent for Biden and 45 percent for Trump. White voters are divided, with 48 percent for Trump and 45 percent for Biden. Black voters go Democratic 84 – 8 percent.
Independent voters go to Biden 55 – 32 percent. Republicans back Trump 86 – 10 percent as Biden leads 96 – 2 percent among Democrats….