The days of freewheeling Trump Admin will be soon coming to close if the Democratic win a majority in the US House in less than a month….
Democrats controling the House means that the Republican control over things in Congress will be over….
Consider these things ….
Any attempt to repeal Obamacare is gone…
Any attempt to pass budget legislation will come from the Democrat’s….
Whether they likes it or not?….Both Trump and McConnell, if the Republicans hold the Senate, will HAVE to margin with Nancy Pelosi…
Funding for a Trump Wall is gone….
Funding for increased Immigration enforcement will have to negotiated with House Democrats …
Robert Mueller will be home free to finish his investigations….
The FBI will be freed of House efforts to beat them down…..
House committee’s will be looking into just about EVERY nook and cranny for sunlight of what the Republicans have been doing for the first two years of Trump’s admin….
While a lot media and others from the left have been running around the last 24 hours with their hair on fire because Brett Kvanaugh got the job with the Supreme’s?
Republicans in the White House and Trump admin departments are nervous and worried…..
All the above while Robert Mueller & Co. continue their investigations….
Polls show Republicans will probably lose the House in November. And Trump’s team, including the understaffed White House Counsel’s Office, must batten down the hatches for an onslaught from the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue.
- White House officials have been telling us for weeks they were worried that Kelly hadn’t been taking the threat seriously enough. This is the first time I’ve learned new information to suggest that they’re preparing.
- According to three sources who attend senior staff meetings, when Kelly gathers the full White House senior staff in the Roosevelt Room several times a week, they never discuss the prospect of investigations.
- “You’d think,” one White House official told me, “we’d have a briefing or something to help us understand what’s coming with subpoenas and investigations.”
What they’re saying: Over the past month, my colleague Evan Ryan and I have been interviewing lawyers who worked in the Obama and Clinton White Houses. We wanted to find out what it’s like being inside a White House when the opposite party controls Congress and trains its investigative fire on the president.
- A couple lawyers spoke on the record; most didn’t. But what we learned from these conversations provides a map for Trump’s likely future.
“Subpoenas flowing into a White House create paralysis,” said Neil Eggleston, who was Obama’s White House counsel and an associate counsel in the Clinton administration.
- “The whole system stops while everyone tries to comply with subpoenas and prepare to testify.”
- “The White House doesn’t operate optimally, and the policymaking process doesn’t receive its due attention. Morale suffers, and energy is diverted to the crisis at hand.”