Anybody Surprised at this?
Please raise your hand….
Tulsi Gabbard (a US Military Vet) should have never gotten the job anyways…..
Donald Trump does NOT Trust his Intelligence Community….
Being the director?
If you do NOT sanitize things for this President?
You shouldn’t go thru the trouble of getting the job….
Especially being a woman ….
In the last few months she tried to hold on, but there was NEVER a mention off her being involved in ANYTHING to do with the Trump foreign affairs , which IS where the DNI Should be handling the Intel….
Tulsi Gabbard, the director of national intelligence and an advocate of a more restrained foreign policy, submitted a letter of resignation to President Trump on Friday, saying that she was stepping away to support her husband after he recently was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer.
The departure will bring an end to Ms. Gabbard’s rocky tenure overseeing the 18 U.S. intelligence agencies, during which she had been largely sidelined by the White House on significant national-security issues, including military operations in Iran and Venezuela.
Mr. Trump assembled a second administration last year with an unusual mix of foreign-policy hawks in one corner and critics of American entanglements overseas like Ms. Gabbard in the other. But Ms. Gabbard and her wing found themselves increasingly marginalized in recent months, and her departure marks the most significant exit yet from the coalition of restrainers.
In her letter Friday, Ms. Gabbard, 45, said she would remain in her post as the nation’s intelligence chief until June 30.
“My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer,” Ms. Gabbard said in her resignation letter, a copy of which was released by her office. “He faces major challenges in the coming weeks and months. At this time, I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle.” Ms. Gabbard has been married to Abraham Williams, a cinematographer, since 2015.
Mr. Trump announced that Aaron Lukas, Ms. Gabbard’s deputy, would serve as acting director of national intelligence.
It was not clear whom Mr. Trump intended to nominate to replace Ms. Gabbard, a combat veteran and former Democratic congresswoman from Hawaii who ran for president in 2020 before breaking with her party to support Mr. Trump in 2024.
Mr. Trump did not force Ms. Gabbard to resign on Friday, according to people familiar with the matter, but her standing and influence within the White House had continued to erode in recent months.
In a post on Truth Social, Mr. Trump thanked her for her service in the administration. “Tulsi has done an incredible job, and we will miss her,” he wrote.
Democrats, while expressing sympathy for Ms. Gabbard and her husband, made clear they had been dismayed by her performance. “Let’s be clear: Donald Trump must not treat this vacancy as another opportunity to reward loyalty over competence,” Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the minority leader, said in a statement.
Ms. Gabbard had been a controversial figure in the Trump administration. She was seldom seen in the room when Mr. Trump made major national-security decisions and was widely viewed within the administration and by lawmakers in Congress as not a key member of the president’s team…..
….
Ms. Gabbard will be the fourth cabinet member of Mr. Trump’s second term to step down, following former Attorney General Pam Bondi, former Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem, and former Labor Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer. All four of them are women.
image…New Voice of Ukraine
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.