Yup!….
The below IS ALL over the Middle East which IS Hopping…..
At least 12 Palestinians killed and several hurt in Israeli airstrikes on Gaza
At least 12 Palestinians were killed and several more injured across the Gaza Strip on Sunday as the Israeli military said it carried out airstrikes in response to ceasefire violations by Hamas.
The Gaza civil defence agency said five people were killed and several others hurt when an airstrike targeted a tent sheltering displaced people in the northern city of Jabaliya.
According to the agency, which operates as a rescue force under Hamasauthorities, five more people were killed and several injured in a separate early morning strike in the southern city of Khan Younis. It said one more person was killed after Israeli shelling in Gaza City, while one person was killed by Israeli gunfire in Beit Lahia.
Hazem Qassem, a Hamas spokesperson in Gaza, accused Israel of committing a new massacre against displaced Palestinians, calling it a serious breach of the ceasefire days before the first meeting of Donald Trump’s Board of Peace.
Trump urged Hamas to move forward with disarmament under his plan for postwar Gaza on Sunday and said members of the Board of Peace had pledged $5bn (£3.7bn) towards the Palestinian territory’s reconstruction.
Despite a US-brokered truce that entered its second phase last month, violence has continued in Gaza, with Israel and Hamas accusing each other of violating the agreement….
…
Trump’s Stinging Attack on Israel’s President Touches a Nerve…
President Trump’s public excoriation of Israel’s president because he has not yet pardoned Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in his long-running corruption trial has touched a nerve in Israel.
Mr. Trump called President Isaac Herzog “disgraceful” while speaking to reporters at the White House on Thursday.
“The people of Israel should really shame him” for not letting Mr. Netanyahu off the hook, Mr. Trump said.
The blatant intervention into Israeli domestic affairs, together with the insulting tone, developed into a rare, open spat between allies over the honor of the Israeli president, who is largely a figurehead. The affront prompted pushback from some senior Israeli officials — including Mr. Herzog — while some staunch supporters of Mr. Netanyahu sided with Mr. Trump…
…
Trump told Netanyahu he would support Israeli strikes on Iran’s ballistic missile program, sources say…
President Trump told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a meeting at Mar-a-Lago in December that the president would support Israeli strikes on Iran’s ballistic missile program if a deal between Washington and Tehran could not be reached, according to two sources familiar with the matter who spoke to CBS News on condition of anonymity to discuss national security issues.
Two months later, CBS News has learned that internal discussions between senior figures in the U.S. military and intelligence community have started to contemplate the possibility of supporting a fresh round of Israeli strikes on Iran. American deliberations have focused less on whether Israel could act than on how the United States might assist, including the provision of aerial refueling for Israeli aircraft and the delicate matter of securing overflight permission from countries along the potential route, said two other U.S. officials with knowledge of the matter.
It’s not clear what countries would grant overflight permission for the U.S. to refuel Israeli aircraft for a potential strike. Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have all publicly said they would not allow their airspace to be used for any strikes on Iran or Iranian strikes on any other country.
But the ongoing conversations inside the national security apparatus coincided with a visible show of force from the United States towards Iran….
…
Indonesia says 8,000 troops ready for possible peacekeeping mission in Gaza by June
Indonesia’s military said Sunday that up to 8,000 troops are expected to be ready by the end of June for a potential deployment to Gaza as part of a humanitarian and peace mission, the first firm commitment to a critical element of U.S. President Donald Trump’s postwar reconstruction plan.
The Indonesian National Armed Forces, known as TNI, has finalized its proposed troop structure and a timeline for their movement to Gaza, even as the government has yet to decide when the deployment will take place, army spokesperson Brig. Gen. Donny Pramono said.
“In principle, we are ready to be assigned anywhere,” Pramono told The Associated Press, “Our troops are fully prepared and can be dispatched at short notice once the government gives formal approval.”
Pramono said the military prepared a composite brigade of 8,000 personnel, based on decisions made during a Feb. 12 meeting for the mission.
Under the schedule, troops will undergo health checks and paperwork throughout February, followed by a force readiness review at the end of the month, Pramono said. He also revealed that about 1,000 personnel are expected to be ready to deploy as an advance team by April, followed with the rest by June.
Pramono said that being ready does not mean the troops will depart. The deployment still requires a political decision and depends on international mechanisms, he said….
…
Trump says Board of Peace will unveil $5 billion in Gaza reconstruction pledges at inaugural meeting
— President Donald Trump said Sunday that members of his newly created Board of Peace have pledged $5 billion toward rebuilding war-ravaged Gaza and will commit thousands of personnel to international stabilization and police forces for the territory.
The pledges will be formally announced when board members gather in Washington on Thursday for their first meeting, he said.
“The Board of Peace will prove to be the most consequential International Body in History, and it is my honor to serve as its Chairman,” Trump said in a social media posting announcing the pledges.
He did not detail which member nations were making the pledges for reconstruction or would contribute personnel to the stabilization force. But Indonesia’s military said Sunday that up to 8,000 of its troops are expected to be ready by the end of June for a potential deployment to Gazaas part of a humanitarian and peace mission. It’s the first firm commitment that the Republican president has received.
Rebuilding the Palestinian territory will be a daunting endeavor. The United Nations, World Bank and European Union estimate that reconstruction of the territory will cost $70 billion. Few places in the Gaza Strip were left unscathed by more than two years of Israeli bombardment.
The ceasefire deal calls for an armed international stabilization force to keep security and ensure the disarming of the militant Hamas group, a key demand of Israel. Thus far, few countries have expressed interest in taking part in the proposed force….
…
Rallies held across the world in support of Iran’s anti-government protesters
Hundreds of thousands of people have taken part in rallies around the world to show their solidarity with anti-government demonstrators in Iran whose continued protests have been met with brutal and deadly repression.
On Saturday, Reza Pahlavi, the exiled son of Iran’s last shah, addressed a crowd of 200,000 people in Munich, telling them he was ready to lead the country to a “secular democratic future”.
Pahlavi urged Iranians at home and abroad to continue demonstrating, calling on them to chant slogans from their homes and rooftops at 8pm (4.30pm UK time) on Saturday and Sunday to coincide with the protests in Germany and elsewhere.
Thousands more people took part in solidarity demonstrations in cities including Los Angeles, Washington, Toronto, Tel Aviv, Lisbon, Sydney and London.
Washington is preparing for a fresh round of talks with Iranian government representatives in Geneva this week despite Trump’s insistence that a change of power in Tehran would be the “best thing”….
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.