Israel military tries to take out the Gaza internet system and pludges the area into darkness….
The US calls for a ceasefire…..
US President continues his support for Israel while trying to keep Israel from launching a full scale incursion into Gaza….
Israeli military units have been doing pushes into Gaza and retreats
Some Hamas leaders show up in Moscow to talk to Putin…..
Saudi Arabia warns Biden admin if Israel goes full out in Gaza things will be destablized in the Middle East…
US air strikes in Syria and Iraq have Iran backed militia still staging small attacks….
Iran IS testing the will of a American President that packed up and left Afghanistan in a hurry….
More than 1,400 people in Israel have been killed, mostly civilians slain during the initial Hamas attack. In addition, 229 people — including foreigners, children and older adults — were taken by Hamas during the incursion and remain in captivity in Gaza. Four hostages were released earlier.
1. UN General Assembly calls for `humanitarian truce’ in Gaza leading to halt in Israel-Hamas fighting.
2. U.S. strikes Iran-linked sites in Syria in retaliation for attacks on U.S. troops.
3. Israel-Hamas war upends years of conventional wisdom. Leaders give few details on what comes next
4. Data from the Gaza Health Ministry, questioned after the hospital explosion, has withstood past scrutiny.
5. About 30 children were taken hostage by Hamas militants. Their families wait in agony.
6. Find more of AP’s coverage at https://apnews.com/hub/israel-hamas-war.
Here’s what’s happening in the latest Israel-Hamas war:
EXPLOSIONS SHATTER THE NIGHT SKY OVER GAZA AS ISRAEL EXPANDS BOMBING
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – The dull orange glow of Israeli flares shone in the night sky over Gaza, slowly descending through the haze to illuminate targets for warplanes before eventually flickering out, plunging the scene back into darkness.
Multiple explosions from Israeli airstrikes tore into northern Gaza on Friday, quick flashes of bright orange silhouetted against the rooftops of Palestinian apartments and refugee camps. The sharp crunching sound of the bombs followed each time, seconds later, one after another.
Overhead, the buzz of Israeli military drones cut through, growing quieter and louder as the crafts circled the airspace overhead.
For most Palestinians trapped in the Gaza Strip, their world has shrunk to these few sounds and colors.
Israel dramatically ramped up its bombardment Friday after knocking out internet and communication in Gaza, largely cutting off the tiny besieged enclave’s 2.3 million people from contact with each other and the outside world…..