The Russian’s and Ukraine are NOT in position to seriously negotiate a settlement of the war that is closing in on a year….
Militarily…The Ukraine is presenting a stronger postion….
THAT would present a problem to the Russians , who are trying the WWII german strategy of bombing their adversary into submission…..
THAT is simply NOT gonna work….
President Biden and the European’s might not say it….
But they REALLY would like a end to this for several reasons….
The Russian’s KEEP sending rockets into Ukraine cities….
The Ukraine military hold’s on and inch’s more and more territory and aiming its rockets into Russian military targets hundreds of miles in country…
Update.…Ukraine President Zelensky has asked to join the European Union….
Here’s what we know:
The government is offering free train rides and cash payments to those who choose to leave the embattled city.
Moscow takes aim at Kherson City with missiles and rockets.
Exxon Mobil sues to try to block Europe windfall tax.
‘An awful milestone’: Paul Whelan’s detention in Russia hits four years.
France’s defense minister visits Kyiv to discuss further military support.
Russia rejects a new Ukrainian proposal for peace talks.
A Russian tycoon and his travel companion are found dead in India.
In a wartime mystery, the Baltic seabed provides a nearly ideal crime scene…..
Here’s the latest on the war and its ripple effects across the globe.
- Ukraine is seeking a United Nations-backed peace summit to end the war with Russia, Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said in an interview with the Associated Press. The U.N. responded with caution, however, saying it could only mediate if all parties agreed.
- Another Russian tycoon has died under mysterious circumstances. Russian sausage magnate and lawmaker Pavel Antov died after apparently falling from a third-floor hotel room in India on Saturday, two days after another member of his group died at the same hotel, local officials said. In June, Antov had appeared to criticize a Russian missile attack in Ukraine, posting and then deleting a comment on Telegram that said it was “extremely difficult to call all this anything but terror,” the BBC reported.
- About 9 million Ukrainians were without power across the country as of Monday evening, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in his nightly address. He thanked repair crews who helped get more energy to people over Christmas and noted that the “number and duration of outages is still gradually decreasing.”
- Russia has continued to launch small-scale attacks around Bakhmut in Donetsk and Svatove in Luhansk, but it has not made significant territorial gains, the British Ministry of Defense reported. More than 60 percent of the infrastructure in Bakhmut has been destroyed, regional governor Pavlo Kyrylenko said on Ukrainian television Monday.
- The bodies of 42 Ukrainian soldiers were repatriated to Ukraine on Tuesday, the Ministry of Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine said in a statement. More than 860 soldiers’ bodies have been returned since the May appointment of the Commissioner for Missing Persons, Oleg Kotenko, the statement added…..
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.