If you don’t have a flat rack that fits inside your shallow roasting pan, create one using a row of celery ribs. You’ll need an instant-read thermometer for monitoring doneness.
- One 15-pound turkey, giblet packet removed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme (see headnote)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Position a rack in the lower third of the oven (remove the upper racks); preheat to 350 degrees. Place a flat rack inside a shallow roasting pan (with sides no higher than 2 or 3 inches)….
Contiune on here…