…from Jonathan V. Last……
1. What Are People Going to Complain About Now?
Joe Biden is still good at politics. We’ve talked about this before, but I just want to restate a summary of the Biden administration’s first 20 months:
- Passed the American Rescue Plan.
- Fixed the vaccine rollout and gotten us to a post-COVID normalcy.
- Passed a bipartisan infrastructure bill.
- Passed a bipartisan CHIPS act to boost domestic semiconductor production, which is important both for economics and national security.
- Passed a modest, bipartisan gun reform law.
- Nominated an overwhelmingly popular and historically important judge to the SCOTUS.
- Killed Ayman al-Zawahiri.
- Kept job creation booming. (Unemployment is 3.5 percent.)
- Gotten the Respect for Marriage Act, which will codify same-sex marriage to take it out of the hands of Clarence Thomas, to the 1-yard line.
- Passed the Inflation Reduction Act, which will control prescription drug costs, fix the ACA’s subsidy cliff, and make healthcare more affordable for seniors, in addition to helping the environment.
- Is six months into managing the most successful American response to a foreign policy crisis in (at least) two generations.
Oh, and then there’s this:
Matthew Yglesias @mattyglesias
First Brandon got Mexico to pay for the wall, then he got companies to bring the jobs back home, and now Fauci’s out the door. Trump could never.
What more do you people want?