…from Jonathan V. Last……
1. What Are People Going to Complain About Now?
Joe Biden is still good at politics. We’ve talked about this before, but I just want to restate a summary of the Biden administration’s first 20 months:
- Passed the American Rescue Plan.
- Fixed the vaccine rollout and gotten us to a post-COVID normalcy.
- Passed a bipartisan infrastructure bill.
- Passed a bipartisan CHIPS act to boost domestic semiconductor production, which is important both for economics and national security.
- Passed a modest, bipartisan gun reform law.
- Nominated an overwhelmingly popular and historically important judge to the SCOTUS.
- Killed Ayman al-Zawahiri.
- Kept job creation booming. (Unemployment is 3.5 percent.)
- Gotten the Respect for Marriage Act, which will codify same-sex marriage to take it out of the hands of Clarence Thomas, to the 1-yard line.
- Passed the Inflation Reduction Act, which will control prescription drug costs, fix the ACA’s subsidy cliff, and make healthcare more affordable for seniors, in addition to helping the environment.
- Is six months into managing the most successful American response to a foreign policy crisis in (at least) two generations.
Oh, and then there’s this:
Matthew Yglesias @mattyglesias
What more do you people want?