I REALLY do NOT want to win that much money…
It’s just too darn much….
Just get me a few million….
I assume the payout should be around a bit less than $800 Million if a one time. payout…
I’d be giving most of the money away…..
My wife is right….
Good luck to the winner….
Get a good lawyer and accountant and wealth advisor….
A ticket sold in Illinois is the sole winner of the $1.34 billion Mega Millions jackpot, the second-largest lottery prize in the game’s 20-year history, according to results posted Saturday.
Why it matters: The jackpot rolled 29 times since April and if no one won Friday’s drawing lottery officials said the prize had the potential to grow to $1.7 billion for Tuesday’s drawing, which would have been the nation’s largest lottery prize.
- After ticket sales were tallied, the final value of the jackpot was higher than an initial estimate of $1.28 billion.
- The winner has the choice of a cash option worth an estimated $780.5 million if taken as a lump sum payment instead of the annuity option with 30 payments.
- Twenty-six tickets matched all five white balls to win the game’s second-tier prize worth $1 million, Mega Millions said in a news release.
- Six of those tickets included the optional Megaplier, available in most states for an extra $1, and doubled the prize to $2 million each.
Check Mega Millions numbers
The winning numbers in Friday’s drawing were 13, 36, 45, 57 and 67 with the Mega Ball 14.
- There are nine ways to win a Mega Millions prize, ranging from the jackpot down to $2 for only getting the Mega Ball….