Listening and doing for progressives gets Joe Biden’s political ass in trouble…..
Immigration like guns is a ‘no win’ political football for Democrats…
These issues end up getting Democrats whipsawed by Republicans who gain votes and polling numbers as a result…
Biden promised to drop the Trump Title 42 immigtaion policy that allowed quick turnarounds of undoucumented person’s at the border based on the pandemic …
Sure the policy is Bull Shit….
But it would seem to save money and MOST of ALL?
Make a President look like he’s strong on immigration….
Joe Biden STILL doesn’t get it…
It appears he will continue to do things that he comes out looking bad at , or gets turned around IN THE MEDIA….
Several Democratic members of Congress have indicated that they would join Republicans in seeking too overturn Biden’s action by the CDC….
By the way?
Biden just had a judge overturn his mask mandate for transportation ….
It just ain’t gonna get better if Biden doesn’t wise up….
President Biden’s inner circle has been discussing delaying the repeal of Title 42 border restrictions, now set to end May 23, according to a source with direct knowledge of the internal discussion.
Why it matters: The White House is looking for ways to buy time to avoid a massive influx of migrants that would add to already-historic border numbers. That already endangers Democratic incumbents in states that could decide the Senate majority in November.
- Biden officials recognize they’re in a jam: moderate Democrats are pounding on them to delay the repeal but doing so would inflame the party’s progressive base. That includes members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, who are scheduled to meet with the president next Monday.
- A full reversal of the decision to end Title 42, announced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on April 1, is considered by Biden officials to be far less likely than a delay.
- Reversing the decision would effectively force the White House to overrule the CDC.
Between the lines: The CDC’s Title 42 order was first issued in March 2020 under former President Trump.
It used the pandemic as a reason for turning back migrants attempting to enter the U.S., without the chance to seek asylum.
Biden has benefitted from the border restriction but also been reluctant to overrule the CDC throughout the pandemic…
- Nine Senate Democrats, including Sen. Gary Peters of Michigan, chair of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, are urging Biden to reconsider his plan to end Title 42, Punchbowl News reported on Tuesday.
- Endangered Democrats are bluntly and publicly warning of a political disaster in the midterms. They’re pleading with the White House not to give Republicans an opportunity to paint Democrats as the party of open borders.
- “The politics are pretty simple,” Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas) told Axios. “The Republicans are going to hit Democrats with those videos of people streaming into the United States.”
- “Title 42 should be kept,” said Cuellar, who represents a border district in the Rio Grande Valley. “I know there’s a debate inside the administration, but I don’t know who is going to win on this one.”…