Look’s like the Trump anger at Republican Gov Kemp isn’t gonna stop him from winning his states primary right now…….
This is interesting in that Donald Trump IS viewed favoribly by an overwheling percentage….
Overview of the state of play in the GOP Primary ….
(A Secure Democracy USA Poll )
• Governor Brian Kemp currently leads the Gubernatorial race with 51% of the vote, followed by former Senator Perdue (35%) with 8% of primary voters being undecided.
• President Trump remains a popular figure among Republican primary voters with 88% viewing him favorably and 11% unfavorably.
• Enthusiasm to vote in the primary is strong, with 58% saying they are extremely enthusiastic (10 out of 1 to 10 scale) to vote in the primary, with an additional 17% being highly enthusiastic (8- 9/10. Republican voters are looking to the future when it comes to election policy and other top issues.
• When asked what the most important issue will be in deciding their vote, roughly one third (32%) of primary voters are focused on pocketbook issues such as jobs and the economy, cost of living, supply chain issues, or taxes. Only 13% cite voting and elections as their top issue.
• Republican primary voters overwhelmingly favor (71%) the election reform law passed last year, with over a majority (51%) saying they strongly favor the legislation. Traditional GOP voters (49% of the electorate) and Trump Movement voters (42% of primary voters) favor the reforms equally (73% Traditional GOP, 71% Trump Movement).
• Georgia GOP primary voters have more confidence (61%) that elections in Georgia will be conducted fairly and accurately compared to the rest of the country.
• A sizeable majority of primary voters (63%) agree with the following statement: “After increasing election security for Georgia election last year, politicians should leave our elections alone, and instead focus on other pressing issues.”
BK Strategies recently fielded a survey of Republican Primary voters in the state of Georgia. The survey was conducted March 6-8 and surveyed 500 likely Republican Primary Election voters using live telephone callers on both landlines and cell phones. Data has a margin of error of (+/-) 4.4% at the 95% confidence level.
In the state’s hotly contested GOP Gubernatorial Primary, Governor Brian Kemp leads Senator David Perdue by a substantial 48-33 margin, including a 32-19 lead among voters who will “definitely” support their chosen candidate.
72 percent of likely voters are aware of President Trump’s support for Senator Perdue. Yet even among voters who are aware of the President’s endorsement, Governor Kemp still leads Senator Perdue by a 48-38 margin.
President Trump remains extremely popular among Republican Primary voters with an 81 percent favorable rating. However, voters identify other attributes as more important to their choice for Governor than the President’s support. When given a menu of options and asked to choose the attribute they considered most important in deciding their vote, 42 percent of respondents chose “honesty and integrity” and 27 percent chose “being the best candidate to defeat Stacey Abrams,” while only 7 percent chose being endorsed by President Trump.
When asked specifically about how important President Trump’s endorsement is to their vote, only 49 percent said it was at least “somewhat important,” while less than one quarter said it was either “very important” or the “most important” factor.
By a 46-33 margin, voters believe Brian Kemp is the best candidate to defeat Stacey Abrams…..