They continue to drop , but it seems that the big drops the past week and half may have been due to weather and other situations….
The vaccination rate has accelerated….
Almost 10% of Americans have received both shots….
The Johnson & Johnson single single shot vaccine is now coming out to the public….
President Biden says that by May….
There should be a vaccine shot available for every American….
Several Governor’s are relaxing virus restrictions around the country….
In the past week in the U.S….
Among reported tests, the positivity rate was 4.2%.
The number of tests reported rose 12.4% from the previous week.Read more
Since Dec. 14, more than 78,631,000 doses of a covid-19 vaccine have been administered in the U.S.
More than 26,162,000 people have completed vaccination, or about 7.88% of the population. Read more in our vaccination tracker…
Wash Post ….Link…
The State of the Virus
Update for March 1
- The country is averaging about 68,000 cases a day, a figure that has held mostly steady for about a week. Though the pace of progress seems to have slowed, there has not yet been any rebound in case numbers.
- Fewer than 50,000 coronavirus patients are hospitalized nationwide, according to the Covid Tracking Project, down from a peak of more than 130,000 in January.
- Though deaths have also declined, about 2,000 deaths continue to be reported across the country each day. In some places, health departments have said many of the newly reported deaths occurred weeks ago.
- New York and New Jersey have added cases at the highest rates in the country over the last week. Cases are persistently high around New York City.
- Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri are among several Midwestern states that have seen case numbers plunge to their lowest levels since summer 2020.
- The vaccination campaign continues to pick up speed, with about 1.74 million doses being administered each day. The rollout of a third vaccine, developed by Johnson & Johnson, could further hasten that pace.
NY Times ...Link...