Axios is out with a look at the sinking ship of Donald Trump’s campaign….
Low on money….
Low on polling positives …..
A disorganised campaign led by a guy who NEVER stays on script for more then 5 minutes…
Record IN-PERSON voting lines….
A still sick candidate getting chewed up by a lawyer masgewrating as unimportant talking head at NBC…
The Senate Majority Leader turning his back on him…
And Lindsey Graham telling people that Trump probably will lose?
I guess they are scared shitless over in Trump campaign headquarters where added to all this is people walking around with no mask’s ?…The campaign head is just coming off having the virus as is Trump and a LOT other people….
Three senior Trump advisers who recently talked to campaign manager Bill Stepien walked away believing he thinks they will lose.
The big picture: The Trump campaign is filled with internal blaming and pre-spinning of a potential loss, accelerating a dire mood that’s driven by a daily barrage of bleak headlines, campaign and White House officials tell me.
- “A lot of this is the president himself,” one adviser said. “You can’t heal a patient who doesn’t want to take the diagnosis.”
Behind the scenes: In weekly pep talks, Stepien tells staff members why they shouldn’t pay attention to the perennially horrible public polls — and how they can “win the week” and the campaign.
- But in other private conversations, described by multiple sources, Stepien can seem darkly pessimistic. He likens the campaign to an airplane flying through turbulence, saying: “It’s our job to safely land the plane.”
- Three sources who have heard Stepien use variations of the airplane analogy say they sensed he was deeply, perhaps irretrievably pessimistic about the state of the race.
- “It’s not a great feeling when you get the sense the campaign manager doesn’t deep down think we’re going to win,” one campaign source said.
Stepien pushed back strongly on that, telling me on Friday morning: “With each day closer to November 3, our campaign data presents a clear pathway to 270 for the President that provides me more confidence than ever in President Trump’s re-election.”
- “Our campaign knows how President Trump was elected in 2016 and more importantly, we know exactly how he’s going to do it again,” Stepien added.
What’s next: Over the past two weeks, Jared Kushner has been casting about outside of the campaign for fresh ideas on tactics, strategy and messaging. A senior campaign source said he always does this, and that nothing should be read into it beyond him gathering the best information and trying to bring everyone together.
- During the past week, Trump asked at least one confidant whether they think he needs to make any changes on his campaign.
- But nobody I’ve spoken to seriously thinks any major personnel changes will be made at this late stage in the race.
Trump campaign Bill Stepien has suggested to colleagues that President Trump is no longer competitive in either Wisconsin or Minnesota, according to Axios.
But he believes Trump will still win Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Iowa and Maine’s second congressional district.
If so — and that’s a big “if” since Joe Biden is currently leading in the polling averages in every one of those states.
Stepien sees three alternative paths to victory:
The most likely is for Trump to win Arizona, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
The second most likely would be for Trump to win Arizona, North Carolina and Michigan.
And the third pathway has Trump winning North Carolina, Michigan and Nevada.
Once again, Biden is leading in the polling averages in every one of these states.
And if Trump loses Florida, Ohio or Georgia, then none of the paths above are viable. If he loses Iowa, then the last two paths will be out of reach.
That doesn’t mean Trump can’t win, but every one of his viable paths is currently blocked…
Trump is NOT gonna win Pennsylvania, Arizona, Nevada nor is he gonna win Michigan….
North Carolina is probably less than a 50% win chance either….
Trump should win Ohio and Iowa…(Both have Biden ahead by low single digits in last few polls and RCP)
Florida , even with it’s just shown increased GOP voters should go to Biden with the older vote going to him…
NOT looking good for Trump & Co. at all….