#8 Michael Bloomberg
REAL TIME NET WORTH
as of 1/29/20
- Michael Bloomberg cofounded financial information and media company Bloomberg LP in 1981.
- He put in the seed funding for the company and now owns 88% of the business, which has estimated revenues of $10 billion.
- After earning his M.B.A. from Harvard, Bloomberg got a job in 1966 in “The Cage” at Salomon Brothers, where he counted out securities by hand.
- He worked his way up to general partner but was fired in 1981 after 15 years at Salomon.
- An active philanthropist, he has donated $8 billion to gun control, climate change and other causes.
- The mayor of New York City for 12 years, Bloomberg is one of just four individuals to have served that long….