Donald Trump is back at it again….
Throwing down in the opposite direction to try get movement on policy…
After his love-fest on North Korea?
He’s back to throwing bricks….
The White House in an announcement on Friday said North Korea remains an “unusual and extraordinary threat” to the United States despite President Trump‘s assertion last week that Pyongyang “is no longer a nuclear threat.”
The Trump administration on Friday issued a routine notice to Congress describing the threat as reasoning for keeping sanctions in place on North Korea.
“The existence and risk of proliferation of weapons-usable fissile material on the Korean Peninsula and the actions and policies of the Government of North Korea continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States,” the notice read.
The president, upon returning from his summit in Singapore last week with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, said Pyongyang “no longer” posed a nuclear threat.
“Just landed — a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea,” Trump wrote on Twitter June 13.
“Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!”
Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), in a statement, criticized the administration for contradicting Trump’s own rhetoric on North Korea….